Have you always wondered why you need to visit your dentist twice a year?
It’s about that time again. It’s time to visit your Greensboro, NC, dentist Dr. Michelle Mottinger for a routine cleaning. Of course, if you brush and floss your teeth every day then you may wonder if visiting our office is something you even need to do. Of course, no matter how healthy you may be, it’s still important that you take a little time out every six months for professional teeth cleanings. Here’s why:
Poor oral hygiene doesn’t just affect the health of your teeth and gums but also your overall health. This means that an unhealthy smile could actually increase your chances of more serious systemic health issues like heart disease, stroke and even certain kinds of cancer.
While at-home care is very important to the health of your smile it’s also important that you visit our Greensboro, NC, general dentist twice a year for cleanings and exams. Here are just some of the benefits of these routine visits,
- Plaque and tartar are thoroughly removed from all areas of your smile, which significantly reduces your chances of developing cavities or gum disease
- Surface stains caused by the foods and drinks you consume can easily be removed and your smile brightened with a simple professional cleaning
- We can detect decay and early signs of gum disease when many of these issues can be reversed
- We can pinpoint damage such as fractures, chips and cracks and help you determine whether your smile could benefit from restorative dentistry
- We perform a thorough oral cancer screening to check for early signs of cancer. If it’s caught soon enough this type of cancer is much easier to treat and offers a higher cure rate. This simple in-office screening could just end up saving your life.
- We can answer your questions, address your concerns and even provide you with easy tips for keeping your smile healthy every day. Whether it’s wearing a custom mouthguard while you sleep to prevent teeth grinding wear and tear or offering up at-home whitening treatment, we can provide you with the individualized care you need to maintain a beautiful smile for years to come.
When was the last time you got a professional dental cleaning? If it’s been six months since your last visit then it’s time to call our Greensboro, NC, family dental office. We can work with your schedule to make sure that everyone in your family gets the dental care they need.