Teeth Whitening in Greensboro, NC
Are you embarrassed by your yellow or stained teeth? Although it probably took years for your smile to become dull, it only takes one professional teeth whitening session to improve the appearance of your teeth. Dr. Michelle H. Mottinger, your Greensboro, NC dentist at Michelle H. Mottinger, DDS Family Dentistry, shares the advantages of professional teeth whitening.
What are the benefits of professional teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening kits are available in practically every drug, grocery and discount store in the country. Although these kits can help lighten your teeth, professional whitening offers several important benefits you just won't get with a do-it-yourself kit, such as:
- Impressive Results: It's not unusual to feel a little disappointed after using a store-bought kit, particularly if your smile looks nothing like the photographs on the front of the package. When you choose professional teeth whitening, you can expect your teeth to be three to eight shades whiter after treatment.
- Quick Results: Kits often require you to use the product several times a week for weeks at a time. Professional whitening only takes one one-hour visit to your dentist's office. If you would like your teeth to be a little whiter, you can always return for an additional session or two.
- Reduced Sensitivity: Teeth whitening agents can irritate your sensitive gums and roots and cause pain for several days after you use a whitening product. Before the whitening process begins, your Gainesville dentist applies a protective gel to your gums and roots. He also uses retractors to pull your cheeks and lips away from your teeth, protecting these sensitive tissues from irritation.
- Versatility: Take advantage of professional strength whitening at your dentist's office or at home, if you prefer. If you choose at-home whitening, your dentist will make an impression of your teeth. The impression will be used to create custom-made whitening trays that you'll use whenever it's convenient for you. You'll simply fill the trays with the whitening agent and place them in your mouth.
Interested in professional teeth whitening?
Call Dr. Mottinger your Greensboro, NC dentist at
Michelle H. Mottinger, DDS Family Dentistry at
(336) 375-1825 to schedule an appointment.
Enjoy a dazzling smile with teeth whitening treatment!
Related Articles on Teeth Whitening
Teeth Whitening – Brighter, lighter, whiter... The subconscious impact of a white smile is radiant health, happiness, warmth and invitation. This phenomenon has been reinforced with the spread of American culture worldwide, where an especially white smile has even been coined a “Hollywood smile.” Today brighter, lighter, whiter teeth have become a norm. Tooth whitening by bleaching is a successful, conservative, relatively inexpensive and safe alternative... Read Article
Important Teeth Whitening Questions Answered! In this Dear Doctor magazine article, questions are answered about bleaching techniques and safety in achieving the best possible results. If you are thinking about getting your teeth whitened at your dentist's office or doing it yourself at home, this is a must-read... Read Article